Associate Professor and Extension Specialist at Virginia Tech. Department of Sustainable Biomaterials.
- B.S. Costa Rica Tech, 1997
- M.S. Purdue University, 2001
- Ph.D. Purdue University, 2004
- Associate Professor, Virginia Tech (2014-to date)
- Assistant Professor, Virginia Tech (2008-2014)
- Associate Professor, Costa Rica Institute of Technology (2006-2008)
- Assistant Professor, Costa Rica Institute of Technology (2005-2006)
- Graduate Research Assistant, Purdue University (2000-2004)
- Instructor, Costa Rica Institute of Technology (1998-2000)
- Plant Manager, La Nacion-Commercial Printing Unit (1997-1998)
- Inventory Manager, La Nacion-Commercial Printing Unit (1996-1997)
- Business Process Management
- Manufacturing Systems
- Lean Supply Chain Management
- Automation of Manufacturing Systems
- Innovation Management
For a more detailed resume of Dr. Henry Quesada-Pineda please visit http://sbio.vt.edu/people/faculty/quesada-pineda/index.html
PhD Candidate, Wood Science and Forest Products.
- B.S. In Wood Science and Technology. Beijing Forestry University. 2014
- Internship. Tiantan Furniture Company 2013
- Internship. Liming Furniture Company 2012
- Optimization in supply chain management.
- B.E. in Biotechnology from Punjab University, Chandigrah, India (2012)
- M.Tech in Industrial Biotechnology from National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Surathkal, India (2014)
- Executive, Research and Development Division, Abellon CleanEnergy Ltd. Ahmedabad, India (2014 – 15)
- Transient Researcher, National Chemical Laboratory, Pune, India (2013 – 14)
- Resource management
- Logistic and supply chain management for wood products
- Market assessment
- B.E. Industrial Engineering. Institute of Engineering, TEC, Nepal, 2010.
- M.S. Eastern Illinois University, 2016
- Current Graduate Student. Virginia Tech
- Graduate Research Assistant – Virginia Tec; Jan 2017- to date
- Graduate Research Assistant – Eastern Illinois University; Aug 2014- May 2016
- Waste Water Treatment Plant, Charleston, IL – Project Analyst Intern; May 2015- Aug 2015
- Assistant Lecturer- Thapathali Engineering College, Nepal
- Quality Assurance Officer; Nepal Cylinder Pvt. Ltd, KTM, Nepal; Sep 2011- Jul 2012
- Industrial Engineer; Intern; Laxmi Steel Pvt. Ltd-Butwal; Aug 2010-Nov 2010
- Wood science and engineering
- Life Cycle Analysis
- Renewable energy
- Biomass and biomass gasification
- Lean, Six Sigma, SPC and Continuous Improvements
- Supply chain management
- M.S Candidate, Forest Products, since 2017
- B.S. Costa Rica Institute of Technology, 2017
- Internship. Virginia Polytechnic and State University 2016
- Internship. Bioland S.A. 2014
- Lean Thinking
- Supply Chain Management
Former students (undergraduate interns, MS, and PhD degrees)
- Jeremy Withers, MS. Professional Development Candidate Manufacturing Leadership Trainee. Weyerhaeuser. Buckhannon, WV.
- Sevtap Erdogan, MS. Research Associate. Kastamonu University, Turkey
- Edgar Arias, PhD. Marketing Data Analyst. Department of Forestry in South Carolina, USA
- Melissa Brenes-Bastos. Undergraduate intern and MS. Marketing Excecutive at Experian. San Jose, Costa Rica.
- Diana Brenes, undergraduate intern. Financial Institution. Cartago, Costa Rica.
- Shawn Crawford, MF. Continuous Improvement Coordinator. American Woodmark. Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA
- Johanna Madrigal, PhD. Assistant Professor at School of Industrial Production Engineering. Cartago, Costa Rica.
- Scarlett Sanchez, MS. Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA.
- Scott Lyon, MS. District Fores Products Specialist, Southeast area. Department of Natural Resources. Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA.
- Wang Chao, MS. Continuous Improvement Engineer. Coopeland Furniture. Bradford, Vermont, USA.