Associate Professor and Extension Specialist at Virginia Tech. Department of Sustainable Biomaterials.
- B.S. Costa Rica Tech, 1997
- M.S. Purdue University, 2001
- Ph.D. Purdue University, 2004
- Associate Professor, Virginia Tech (2014-to date)
- Assistant Professor, Virginia Tech (2008-2014)
- Associate Professor, Costa Rica Institute of Technology (2006-2008)
- Assistant Professor, Costa Rica Institute of Technology (2005-2006)
- Graduate Research Assistant, Purdue University (2000-2004)
- Instructor, Costa Rica Institute of Technology (1998-2000)
- Plant Manager, La Nacion-Commercial Printing Unit (1997-1998)
- Inventory Manager, La Nacion-Commercial Printing Unit (1996-1997)
- Business Process Management
- Manufacturing Systems
- Lean Supply Chain Management
- Automation of Manufacturing Systems
- Innovation Management
For a more detailed resume of Dr. Henry Quesada please visit https://sbio.vt.edu/our-people/faculty/quesada-pineda.html
Sailesh Adhikari. Post-doctoral Researcher
B.E. Industrial Engineering. Institute of Engineering, TEC, Nepal, 2010.
M.S. Eastern Illinois University, 2016
PhD. Department of Sustainable Biomaterials, Virginia Tech. 2020
- Post-doctoral researcher – Virginia Tech. Jan 2020 to date.
- Graduate Research Assistant – Virginia Tec. 2017- 2020
- Graduate Research Assistant – Eastern Illinois University; Aug 2014- May 2016
- Waste Water Treatment Plant, Charleston, IL – Project Analyst Intern; May 2015- Aug 2015
- Assistant Lecturer- Thapathali Engineering College, Nepal
- Quality Assurance Officer; Nepal Cylinder Pvt. Ltd, KTM, Nepal; Sep 2011- Jul 2012
- Industrial Engineer; Intern; Laxmi Steel Pvt. Ltd-Butwal; Aug 2010-Nov 2010
Former MS and PhD students (with Quesada as Committee Chair)
- Sailesh Adhikari. 2020 PhD. Post-doctoral researcher. Department of Sustainable Biomaterials, Virginia Tech. Blacksburg, VA
- Juan González. 2020 MS. Chaired with B. Bond. Continuous Improvement Engineer. Hewlett Packard. San José, Costa Rica
- Paula Fallas, 2019 MS. Assistant Optimization Manager. APM Terminals North America. Los Angeles, CA.
- Li Liang, 2017 PhD. Procurement Officer. Super Micro Computer, Inc. San Jose, CA
- Gaurav Kakkar, 2017 MS. Blacksburg, VA. Sales Executive. Richmond International Forest Products. Richmond, VA.
- Jeremy Withers, 2016 MS. Doctoral Candidate. School of Construction. Virginia Tech.
- Sevtap Erdogan, 2015 MS. Chaired with B. Bond. Research Associate. Kastamonu University, Turkey
- Edgar Arias, 2014 PhD. Marketing Data Analyst. Department of Forestry in South Carolina, USA
- Melissa Brenes-Bastos, 2014 MS. Marketing Executive at Experian. San Jose, Costa Rica.
- Shawn Crawford, 2012 MF. Entrepreneur. Rainwater Management Solutions. Salem, VA
- Johanna Madrigal, 2012 PhD. Assistant Professor at School of Industrial Production Engineering. Costa Rica Tech. Cartago, Costa Rica.
- Scarlett Sanchez, 2011 MS. Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA.
- Scott Lyon, 2011 MS. District Fores Products Specialist, Southeast area. Department of Natural Resources. Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA.
- Wang Chao, 2011 MS. Continuous Improvement Engineer. Coopeland Furniture. Bradford, Vermont, USA.