The purpose of this workshop is to inspire new visions and strategies which address the most pressing energy challenges for contemporary society; it will create new ideas for usage of Lean Principles in reducing energy use and costs. It will also promote collaboration between scholars working across disciplines on Lean Thinking and Energy.
Key Values of Workshop:
- Attendees will have a better opportunity to understand lean and potential energy savings with the implementation of lean principles into their process.
- Presentation of an Energy toolkit to identify wastes related to energy, environment, and the processes.
- Attendees will be exposed on “How to use Lean principles for Energy Savings” using real applications
- Participants will be introduced to Energy Management Systems and their benefits
November 20, 2013. 9:00 am-4:30 pm.
- Welcome and overview
- Current and future scenario of Energy in Virginia. Charles Patton, President and COO. Appalachian Power.
- Lean Thinking Principles. Henry Quesada, Assistant Professor, Virginia Tech
- Energy Audits using Lean Thinking. Henry Quesada, Assistant Professor, Virginia Tech
- Energy Management Systems. Tyler Gill, Enernoc Systems
- Industry case study I. Brian Bond, Associate Professor, Virginia Tech
- Closing comments and questions
Who should attend:
- Plant Managers, Quality Engineers, Process Engineers, Procurement Managers, Supplier Chain Managers, Purchasing Managers, Plant Engineers, Energy Managers, Energy and Environment Engineers and Medium Enterprise Manager
- Anybody who is interested in energy savings
$50. Includes coffee breaks, lunch, and materials.
USDA Forest Service
Wood Education & Resource Center
301 Hardwood Lane
Princeton, WV 24740
Phone – (304) 487-1510
If you are a person with a disability and desire any assistive devices, services or other accommodations to participate in this activity, please contact Dr Henry Quesada at (540 231 0978) during business hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. to discuss accommodations 5 days prior to the event. TDD number is (800) 828-1120.